The road was originally named ‘Mary Anne’s Lane’, after the old Moreton resident Mary Anne.  Mary Anne’s house was situated in a small lane running between Chapel Lane (now Barnston Lane) and Station Road (now Pasture Road).  Her house was demolished in 1932 when Pasture Road was widened.

There was a school on the existing site, but this was destroyed by fire in the 1960’s. Another fire destroyed the re-build in the 1980’s

The work on building the Centre started in 1997, and it was opened in 1998.